What does preventative gynecology involve?
Preventive gynecology is a branch of medicine that focuses on promoting women’s reproductive health through preventative measures. It includes a range of strategies to prevent and detect gynecologic conditions such as cervical cancer, ovarian cancer, and sexually transmitted infections (STIs).
Preventative gynecology encompasses a variety of health interventions including:
- Regular gynecologic exams, including pelvic exams, Pap smears, and breast exams
- Vaccination against human papillomavirus (HPV), which can cause cervical cancer
- Education and counselling on safe sex practices to prevent the transmission of STIs
- Screening for sexually transmitted infections such as chlamydia, gonorrhea, and HIV
- Lifestyle modifications such as maintaining a healthy diet and exercise routine to reduce the risk of obesity and related conditions such as polycystic ovary syndrome (PCOS)
Preventative gynecology is important for promoting women’s reproductive health and reducing the incidence of gynecological conditions. By taking proactive steps to prevent disease and detect conditions early, women can maintain optimal reproductive health throughout their lives.
At Life Clinic we make it simple and pleasant! We provide excellent preventative gynecology care based on a good knowledge of each woman’s medical history and the very simple routine examinations. We aim to ensure the healthiest ageing, with as few problems as possible during each woman’s life.